This recipe was an experiment, and I have to say that we were very happy with the results. We both had seconds, which isn’t something we tend to do… I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone who likes Buffalo chicken wings!
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 c. chicken, cubed or pulled
- 1/2 c. Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1 c. Cabot’s Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- 5 oz. package of bleu cheese crumbles
- 12 oz. whole wheat rotini
- Butter a glass casserole dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and Buffalo wing sauce. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour. Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth and cooking over medium heat until hot and slightly thickened. Add the cheddar cheese and 1/2 c. of bleu cheese, and continue to cook cheese sauce until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened, then set aside.
- Boil the pasta until it is partially cooked. It should still be chewy, but not crunchy. Drain, then mix with cheese sauce.
- Pour half of the pasta into the buttered casserole dish and spread it around to make a fairly flat layer, then layer the chicken and hot sauce mix, a light sprinkle of bleu cheese crumbles, the remaining pasta, and one more light sprinkling of bleu cheese crumbles. Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes.